Master Suite Refresh!
After just shy of 10 years in my current home, I am finally about to embark on a master bath and bedroom redo. Due to my budgetary restrictions, basically I have no budget, I will have to be creative and frugal with my refresh! In case you didn’t know I have a son at a very nice University for the next four years among other things. I intend to do this by bargain hunting and using my creative skills to make the bedroom and bath an oasis.
One other problem I face is that after 10 years is that my bathroom is dated. You know…light fixtures that have the round ball lights like a showgirl’s dressing room, carpet on the floor (gasp!!) and just a general ugliness! So I am trying to salvage what I can and give it a makeover.
Time to post the LOTTD (List of Things To Do!) The list is long so here goes:
• Tear out carpet and linoleum
• Paint everything including ceiling, walls and vanity (if I can’t find a new one!)
• Install new flooring
• New light fixtures
• New faucets
• New sinks (if I get the new vanity referenced above!)
• New fixtures (towel holders)
• New hardware for cabinets
• Ultimate Wish List but not likely…new vanity, sinks, mirror and shower doors.
• Paint walls
• New bedding
• Grey-wash existing night stands
• New chair and ottoman
• Build in bookcases
• Ultimate Wish List but not likely…new flooring, 5” baseboards and crown molding.
I intend to do this in stages because maybe then I can find some budget! Next time…”Before” pictures!
Here are a couple of lovely rooms that I aspire to recreate with the Sophisticated Mama twist!
Bedrooms Courtesy of Pinterest
Bathrooms Courtesy of HouseBeautiful.com
What is your fantasy Master Suite? Send me a pic!